Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs – 21 Day Fix Approved
Kabobs are a fun way to mix your meat and veggies, and an easy way to grill them all at once. The marinade really makes this recipe. The pork is moist and full of flavor, and because it rests right up against all those veggies that rich juicy meat imparts its flavor into the whole kabob. All those colors make these kabobs look just as good as they taste.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbls. Italian spice blend (basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 4 Tbls minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 12 oz raw lean boneless pork loin cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato peeled, cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 12 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into 12 1-inch cubes
Combine oil, lemon juice, rosemary, parsley, garlic, and salt in a large resealable bag.
Add pork; marinate, refrigerated, for 30 minutes (to 4 hours).
Preheat grill or broiler on high.
Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place sweet potato pieces in steamer basket; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Place in ice water bath to stop cooking process. Set aside.
Place a piece of pork, sweet potato, onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper onto a skewer. Repeat, so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with five remaining skewers. Discard marinade that contained pork.
Grill (or broil) skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, or until sweet potato is softened and pork is no longer pink in the middle.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 25 g