Freezer to Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder
Yields: 8 servings
- 4 cups Red potato, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn (frozen roasted corn if you can find it)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
Note: You can add sliced chicken sausage links, pieces of ham, salmon (fresh or canned) or shrimp to this stew for meat eaters.