Power Protein Egg Cups – 21 Day Fix Approved
Start your morning off strong with this low-fat, high-protein egg cup recipe with turkey bacon, sausage, and sweet onions and peppers.
Portion Fix Containers: 1/2 Green, 1/2 Red
Yields: 6 servings, 2 egg cups each:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 large egg
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) crumbled cooked sausage
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and egg in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide turkey bacon, sausage, bell peppers, and onion between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture over turkey bacon mixture.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.
Tip: Make breakfast for the week easy since you can make a dozen at once and they can be frozen and thawed in the microwave.