Protein Packed Spinach Salad – 21 Day Fix Approved
Spinach leaves topped with chicken, hard boiled eggs, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes makes this a salad feel special for lunch or dinner. Go ahead and use a store bought rotisserie chicken to make this salad a snap to put together. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Containers: 1 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 orange
Yields: 1 serving
- 1½ cups raw baby spinach
- 4 oz. sliced cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 3 Tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, chopped (for garnish)
- Combine spinach, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms in a medium serving bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently to blend.
- Garnish with egg.
Red Wine Vinaigrette – 21 Day Fix Approved
(Makes 1 serving, approx. 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground
- black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
Combine vinegar, mustard, salt (if desired), pepper (if desired), and oil in a small bowl; whisk to blend.