Protein Oatmeal – 21 Day Fix Approved
This oatmeal is packed with more protein than your average bowl of oats—all thanks to the addition of egg! You can make this recipe and save one serving for the next day in the refrigerator. Simply warm in the microwave for 30 – 45 seconds, covered.
Portion Fix Containers per serving: 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1/2 red, 1 tsp.
Yields: 2 servings
- ⅔ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1 Banana, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- pinch of Salt
- 2 eggs
- Bring oats, milk, water, and banana to boil, whisking consistently to prevent sticking.
- When oatmeal begins to thicken, stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk in egg quickly to prevent scrambling. (If too thick add in a 1/4 cup of water and stir)
- Stir to incorporate; remove from heat. Pour into bowls and top with cinnamon, 1 tsp. honey or peanut butter, and salt to taste