Five-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
These little “pancakes” can be made with just two ingredients, (bananas and eggs) but I’ve added some baking powder and Shakeology to this recipe for a super quick and healthy breakfast or snack. They come out with almost a crêpe texture. You can also ditch the Shakeology if you’re not looking to add more nutrients to yours. Each pancake is just around 30 calories!
Yields: 10: 3-inch pancakes
- 1 large banana (it should yield about 1/3 – 1/2 cup, mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (optional but recommended)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Shakeology
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat on the stove. Let it heat up while you prepare the pancakes. It’s ready when water dropped into the pan sizzles.
- To prepare the pancakes, mash the banana well with a couple of forks. Add the eggs, baking powder, cinnamon and Shakeology (if using) and whisk until well combined. Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray before adding in 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture.
- Let the pancakes cook for 25-30 seconds before flipping and letting the other side cook for the same amount of time.
- Remove to a plate and serve with nut butter, sugar-free syrup, butter, fruit, or whatever you’d like!
Adapted from willowbirdbaking