Protein Yogurt Parfait – 21 Day Fix Approved
An easy, make-ahead breakfast or lunch packed with plenty of protein and heart-healthy fats to give you all day energy. Make all 5 of these on Monday and have a meal or snack ready to reach for all week long.
Yields: 5 servings
Portion Fix Containers: 1 red, 1 purple, 1 orange, 1 tsp
- 32 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups mixed berries, apples or bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds shelled, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds or unsweetened coconut)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (for topping)
In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup & vanilla. Pour into a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
In another bowl, mix together seeds and spices.
To assemble parfaits, set out five glasses or mason jars and pour in 1/4 cup or so of the yogurt mixture into each glass.
Top the yogurt layer with a couple of tablespoons of the nut and seed mixture.
Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of berries on top of the nut mixture then begin again with yogurt.
Repeat the layers until all ingredients have been used. Top with honey or maple syrup.
Seal mason jars or cover glasses with plastic wrap until you’re ready to serve.
These will keep in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap for up to 5 days.