Pumped Up Toast – 21 Day Fix Approved
Sausage is a solid option when it comes to upping the protein content of your breakfast, assuming you pick a link that is lean. Applegate’s Peppered Turkey Breakfast Sausage has just 5 grams of fat and plenty of flavor thanks to its ample seasoning. You can add avocado, more veggies or seasonings per your preference. I like to add “Everything Bagel Seasoning.”
Portion Fix Containers: 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 tsp
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 patty Applegate Peppered Turkey Breakfast Sausage or make your own here
- 1 egg, cooked sunny side up or scrambled
- 1 slice Sprouted Whole Grain Bread or whole-grain flat out or whole wheat bagel thins
- 1 or 2 tomato slices
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- Place bread in the toaster.
- While the bread is toasting warm up the sausages in the microwave
- Place spinach on the cooked toast. Top with tomato slices, olive oil and sausages.
Prep Tip: These can be made ahead with wraps and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to warm for 30 seconds in the microwave and enjoy.