Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
The perfect blend to pumpkin and spices with bursts of chocolate chips. Vegan and gluten free with a whole bunch of YUM!
Yields: 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour (I take oats and grind them in my processor until it totals 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree OR 2 cups cooked sweet potato pureed until smooth (without skin)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips. Stir.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before trying to remove them from the muffin tins.
- Once cool, store the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
These muffins should last a couple weeks in the fridge. They can also be frozen for up to 6 months.