Pumpkin Honey Beer Quick Bread
My family loved this bread and I love that it makes 2 loaves. Give the second loaf away, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to two months.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup beer (at room temperature) – I like to use a fall flavor or mild-flavored beer like Blue Moon.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, and next 4 ingredients (through pumpkin pie spice) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Place sugar and next 4 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended. Add pumpkin; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- Divide batter between 2 (9 x 5–inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.