Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
While very tasty and satisfying, these healthy pumpkin oatmeal cookies are more of a nutritious snack than a decadent dessert. Add the chocolate chips for a sweeter, yummier treat!
Yeilds: 12 cookies
(Courtesy of: Running on Real Food)
- 2.5 cups rolled or quick oats
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey, agave or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper or place cookies directly on the pan.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a thick dough.
- Use your hands to create 12 cookie shapes. The cookies will not spread or change shape during baking so be sure to create the shape you want before baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm after a few minutes. Let cool completely before storing. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.