Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oatmeal – 21 Day Fix Approved
A quick and easy, no cooking required, make-ahead breakfast with my favorite flavors. A balanced meal with healthy carbs, Protein from Greek Yogurt, Vegetable from Pumpkin and a healthy fat from a topping of your choice.
Portion Fix Containers: 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red, 1 tsp
Yields: 1 serving (double or triple this for meal prep for the week)
- 1/3 cup (uncooked) old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk works)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon Chia seeds (optional, but works well to thicken the oatmeal)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- desired sweetener- I used 2 packets Stevia. 2-3 teaspoons honey or maple syrup would work well too.
- optional toppings- shredded unsweetened coconut, sunflower seeds, nut butter
- Combine all ingredients, except toppings, in a small bowl or jar with a lid.
- I love using an almost empty jar of almond butter and the smaller mason jars.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.