I love pumpkin so much that I don’t care if its fall or not when I bake these. You can add in mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries or nuts if you wish. These delicious muffins will make your house smell amazing.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (I pulse oats in my food processor until the consistency of flour)
- 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (15 oz can) pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, dried cranberries, nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with oil for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, egg and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape downsides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix.
- Fold in optional mix-ins
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake on the center rack for 24 – 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool at least 15 minutes before serving.