Quick Beef with Broccoli Fried Rice
Beef and Broccoli Fried Rice made with lean ground beef, brown rice, and fresh broccoli is a twenty-minute dinner that’s healthy and delicious. If you don’t have broccoli you could sub sugar snap peas, zucchini or trimmed green beans
2 tsp sesame oil, divided
3 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
4 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 tbsp. oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
2 scallions, sliced
- Heat half the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add the broccoli and cover the pan. Let cook for 3-4 minutes until broccoli is tender-crisp. Open and stir in half the soy sauce the vinegar, maple syrup. Cook for 1 more minute. Remove the beef and broccoli from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining sesame oil to the pan. Then add the rice and let it cook in a single layer for 3-4 minutes so the rice begins to get crispy and toasted. Stir in the remaining soy sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring often so the rice doesn’t burn.
- Push the rice to one side and add the two eggs. Gently scramble them in the pan until just cooked. Use your spoon or spatula to gently break the eggs into pieces in the pan.
- Add the beef and broccoli to the pan. Stir in the oyster sauce until everything is well combined. Top with green onions and season if needed.