Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Tabbouleh is all about the fresh mint and parsley. This salad is bright and vibrant with fresh herbs, lemon and crispy vegetables. Make this salad on Sunday and use it for the week to pack for quick lunches when topped with 4 oz of protein or as a dinner side.
Portion Fix Containers: 1 yellow, 1 green
Yields: serves 8
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ pound Persian cucumbers or 2 hothouse cucumbers (if using
- hothouse, seed the cucumbers first), sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, Persian cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, green onion, parsley and mint and toss.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season with
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over the ingredients in the large bowl and mix well.
- Season with more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or put in the fridge for the flavors to meld.
Note: You can add about 5 cups of baby spinach to this amazing salad and double the dressing to help feed a crowd.