Quinoa Vegetable Salad
This recipe is far from just a healthy version of a high fat other salad options. You can use this salad as a meal or a side. Prep it for a week of meals for lunch or put it on the table for your family or family gatherings. You will want to let the salad marinate at least thirty minutes before serving to make sure it fully absorbs the flavor. And because there’s so much flavor to absorb, this salad is even better the second, third and fourth day around, and makes great leftovers. This is a great salad to add shredded chicken into to make a complete meal for lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced medium
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced medium
- 1 cup zucchini, diced medium
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced medium
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, basil, thyme, and oregano. Blend on high speed until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and drizzle the oil and vinegar mixture on top. Toss well to coat all ingredients in the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Toss again before serving and enjoy!