Rainbow Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen edamame
- 3 cups Kale, stems removed and pulsed in processor
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and processed
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped and processes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tbls fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 Tbls. Lime Juice
- 2 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place the quinoa, water, and salt in a covered pot. Heat on high until it boils, lower the heat to low, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is soft and the water absorbed.
- Pour the quinoa into a medium-sized bowl, and mix in the frozen edamame, carrots, peppers, kale and cabbage.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by mixing the sesame oil, rice vinegar, minced ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and veggies, and mix thoroughly. Enjoy stored in an air tight container throughout the week.