Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Salad
Quinoa with roasted broccoli, spinach, almonds, green onion, lemon, and feta cheese. This healthy salad is great as a side dish or main dish.
yield: SERVES 4-6
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 heaping cups roasted broccoli
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan,bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add the roasted broccoli, spinach, and green onion to the quinoa. Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Gently stir. Add the chopped almonds, feta cheese, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve.