Roasted Cauliflower Soup
You will not believe that this is actually cauliflower soup! It is so creamy, so comforting, and packed with so much flavor with healthier ingredients!
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt and 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place cauliflower florets in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet and toss with garlic, 3 Tbls. olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and roast until cauliflower is golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in vegetable stock, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until cauliflower is tender and falling apart, an additional 10 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in Greek Yogurt; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.