Roasted Corn and Cauliflower Salad
When you need some veggies that were more inspiring than just your basic plain vegetables, this roasted corn cauliflower salad comes to the rescue! All the flavors of summer but with enough wiggle room to make it into whatever meal you need throughout the week. Add pasta or quinoa to give me some healthy carbs. You can put it over a bed of spinach leaves for a quick salad. Put in a wrap with deli meat for a filling sandwich Toss it with leftover chicken or cooked shrimp to make it more protein-filled.
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced (diced sugar snap peas or Zucchini are a great substitute)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (or regular tomatoes diced)
- 3 green onions, end trimmed and diced with greens
- 1 bag frozen roasted corn (you can buy canned roasted corn as well)
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Add cauliflower, cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes, green onions and roasted corn to a large bowl.
- Add Greek Yogurt, salt and pepper to taste, mix well. Add dill and feta and enjoy!
- Note: These flavors really meld one it sits overnight so this is a great salad to make in advance.