Freezer to Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Stew
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 large white onion
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped (can buy pre-chopped)
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, stems removed and chopped
- 2 Tbls. Minced Garlic
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp. freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
2. Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.