Salted Chocolate Nut Bars
This layered chocolate bar recipe hits all the right notes with a cookie-like crust, gooey chocolate interior, and crunchy nuts on top. These look like a fancy store-bought chocolate treat, but they are really simple to throw together!
Portion Fix Container Equivalents 1 Yellow, ½ Blue, 1½ tsp.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup raw pecans, cashews or almonds
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
FOR CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- ¼ cup all-natural almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 scoop Chocolate Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- 2 Tbsp. chopped raw pecans, cashew or almonds
- 1 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
To make crust, place almond flour, nuts of choice, dates, oil, and salt in a food processor; process continuously until pecans are crushed into fine crumbs. Set aside.
Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Using clean hands (or a rubber spatula) press the crust mixture into the dish to form an even layer. Set aside.
To make the chocolate layer, combine almond butter, maple syrup, water, and Shakeology in a medium bowl; mix well.
Press chocolate mixture on top of the crust to form a chocolate layer.
Gently press chopped nuts into the chocolate layer.
Place chocolate chips in a small bowl; microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir; microwave on high for an additional 20 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is evenly melted (about three times). Add oil; mix well.
Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.