Savory Quinoa Muffins
These savory muffins are perfect for meal prep. Why not make a big batch to freeze so you always have a healthy, pre-workout meal at-the-ready? Feel free to double or triple this recipe for breakfast for the week. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
80 Day Obsession Containers: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp.
Yields: 3 muffins = 1 serving
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp. green onions
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped (diced ham or crumbled turkey sausage are awesome substitutes)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Cook the spinach with olive oil until just wilted.
- Transfer spinach to a bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Then spoon the mixture into a muffin pan lined with muffin cups or coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- This amount of ingredients makes three muffins (one serving), and can be easily multiplied to make more.