Savory Egg Muffin Cups
I love that these healthy egg muffin cups can be made in advance. These muffin cups have less than 50 calories per muffin and are packed with vegetables, so eat up!
Yields: 12 muffins (1 serving is 2 muffins)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 8 eggs
- hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
These may also be frozen and to reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm (about 1 min on defrost)