Shaved Brussels Sprouts Ceasar Salad
Creamy, tangy and crunchy, our Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad starts with the raw crispiness of the brussels sprouts smothered in a creamy dressing, topped with bacon and croutons. If you’ve never liked Brussels sprouts, you’re going to now – you’re welcome.
Inspired from: Chefsouschef
Yields: 4 servings
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 baguette, cut into thumb-sized cubes (you can opt. to skip this and purchase good homemade croutons)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (divided)
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper (divided)
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 lemons, juiced (1/4 cup of juice)
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, toss the baguette cubes with olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet. Place a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet. Lay the bacon slices on the cooling rack. Bake the bacon and baguette cubes in the oven for 15 minutes, turning the bread halfway through. Once, done allow too cool to room temperature, then finely chop the bacon.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the garlic, fish sauce (if using) mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire, half the Parmigiano-Reggiano and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Pulse the brussels sprouts in a food processor until finely shaved and place in the bowl with the dressing. Add half the bacon and croutons and toss until well coated. Serve with remaining, cheese, croutons, and bacon on top.