Sheet Pan Chimichurri Chicken
Like most sheet pan recipes, this one is pretty simple. Season your chicken, add your veggies…roast, roast, roast…and while that’s happening make the salsa. Serve it all up and done! It’s literally a two-step process and in turn you have the most perfect citrusy chicken dinner complete with potatoes, veggies, and even salsa. I mean, I’m not sure it gets better. This chicken is pretty classically seasoned with a good amount of fresh orange and lime juice, plenty of garlic, oregano, and cumin. If you have extra time, I highly recommend marinating the chicken for a couple of hours before roasting to really intensify the flavor and to make for an extra tender and moist chicken.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbls. minced garlic
- 2 Tbls oregano
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 russet or sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 small orange, sliced (optional)
CITRUS AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 orange, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine olive oil through salt and pepper. Mix well and toss evenly with the chicken (you can marinate the chicken overnight).
- Add the onions, potatoes, and bell peppers, and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Arrange everything in an even layer on the rimmed baking sheet. Add the orange slices and then transfer to the oven.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes golden.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- To serve, top the chicken with the salsa. Enjoy!