Sheet Pan Sausage Patties and Peppers – 21 Day Fix Approved
Homemade sausage patties are made in a snap with pantry staple seasonings and roasted with the classic flavors of bell peppers and onion. You can eat this meal plain, on a whole wheat hoagie bun, over rice, quinoa or pasta.
Yields: 4 servings (approx. 3 sausage patties and ½ cup veggies each)
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): ½ green, 1 red, 1 tsp.
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 6 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1 Tbsp. ground paprika
- 2 tsp. water
- 1¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper, divided use
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups matchstick-sized bell pepper pieces (approx. 4½ medium)
- 1 cup matchstick-sized onion pieces (approx. 1½ medium)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil (for garnish; optional)
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine turkey, 3 tsp. chopped garlic, paprika, water, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, fennel, and pepper flakes (if desired) in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
- Form sausage into 12 small patties and place on half of prepared pan.
- Combine bell peppers, onions, remaining 3 tsp. garlic, oil, remaining ¼ tsp. salt, and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Arrange bell pepper mixture on the other half of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring bell pepper mixture after 10 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and bell peppers are tender-crisp.
- Garnish with basil (if desired) and enjoy!
• You can divide this meal into individual
portions and freeze for up to 3 months.