Freezer to Sheet Pan Sausage with Vegetables
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 cups diced red potato
- 1 pound green beans (can sub zucchini, asparagus, or kale leaves)
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped bell peppers into 2 inch pieces (about 2 peppers)
- 9 ounces turkey or chicken sausage links
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions for cooking now:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Prep the veggies: chop the red potatoes (pretty small pieces here so they will be tender in time), trim the green beans and halve, chop the broccoli, chop the peppers and coin the sausage in thick slices.
- Place all the veggies and sausage on a sheet pan. Pour the olive oil and all the spices on top. Toss to evenly coat all the veggies and meat.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip/stir all the veggies around. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender and sausage is browned.
- If desired, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the veggies and sausage as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Enjoy with rice or quinoa if desired.
Prep for Freezing:
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Spread contents of the Freezer bag on the baking sheet and spread out.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, remove and flip/stir the sheet pan. Return to the oven for 15 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sausage is brown.
- Enjoy over a beg of Quinoa or brown rice.