Sheet Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Sprouts and Balsamic Glaze
An easy and amazingly flavorful sheet pan chicken dinner that will leave everyone craving more! Packed with veggies, sprinkled with bacon and finished with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.
Yields: 4 servings
- 20 oz. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes (I love buying mine pre-chopped)
- 16 oz. brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, halved
- 5 slices bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch cubes*
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced rosemary
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 3 Tbsp store-bought or homemade** balsamic glaze (Aldi has great balsamic glaze)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, onion, bacon, and chicken with olive oil through balsamic glaze.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Check the pan at 15 minutes and toss ingredients lightly.
- Serve immediately.
**For homemade balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan whisk together 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp honey. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced to about 3 Tbsp, about 10 – 13 minutes. Let cool (it will thicken more as it cools).