Sheet Pan Roasted Italian Chicken and Vegetables
Healthy chicken breast pieces and vegetables coated with Italian seasoning, olive oil and roasted in the oven for 15 minutes. Double this recipe to make your meal prep and dinner all at the same time.
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 medium chicken breasts chopped (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups bell pepper chopped (any colors you like)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, chopped (I like to buy the pre-chopped ones in the refrigerator case)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- parmesan cheese (optional for serving)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Chop all the veggies into large pieces.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken and veggies in a medium roasting dish or sheet pan.
Add the olive oil, spices, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees or until chicken is cooked throughout and vegetables are slightly brown.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and over quinoa, rice, mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.