- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (or pulsed in the food processor)
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
Sweet Potato Topping:
- 3 – 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a skillet on medium heat add the ground beef, chopped carrots, onions, zucchini, mushrooms and minced garlic.
- Cook on medium heat until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes. Begin making the topping while the meat filling cooks.
- Once the carrots are soft, stir in tomato paste, water, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- For the topping: Steam, bake (at 375℉.) or microwave (for 7 minutes pierced with a a fork) the sweet potatoes until fork tender.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, butter, chili powder and salt to a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth.
- Transfer the meat filling to a 9 x 9 inch dish or 10 inch cast iron skillet and top the meat filling with the sweet potato mash. Dash with sea salt and chili powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.