Shrimp and Veggie Pasta – 21 Day Fix Approved
Rich, yet light, a quick pan sauce made from ripe cherry tomatoes is the perfect background to fresh shrimp,
asparagus, and basil in this springtime favorite.
Yields: 4 servings (approx. 1½ cups each)
Portion Fix Containers: (per serving): 2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow
- ½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion (approx. 1 medium)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 40 spears asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (can sub zucchini coins, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms or a mix of all)
- 3 cups raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (approx. 1 lb.)
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat linguine
- ¾ cup torn basil leaves
- Combine broth and cornstarch Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add wine; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wine has almost evaporated.
- Add asparagus and broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque, most liquid is absorbed, and a thick sauce has formed.
- Add linguine; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until pasta is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Add basil; serve immediately.