Simple Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Hearty Kale sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan and thin, slivered almonds. And the dressing! We can’t forget the dressing…lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dijon mustard (yaassss), and salt/pepper…such a delicious, simple dressing that is perfect for this salad.
Bonus: This recipe is so good for you, good to serve for company and awesome to have as a meal prep salad because the hearty Kale can soak in the dressing without getting all mushy and gross for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
- 2 bunches kale, washed and stems removed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup slivered almonds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For the kale, wash and remove the stems, leaving you with just the greens. On your cutting board, pile all the leaves on top of each other and massage with your hands for about three to five minutes, until the leaves are no longer bitter. You use a similar motion as you would kneading bread! I know it sounds weird, but it really works!!
- Slice the massaged kale into bite size pieces
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined
- To assemble the salad, place the kale, almonds, and Parmesan into a large bowl. Top with dressing and toss to combine
- You may need less dressing (or maybe a little more) depending on the size of your bunches of kale. Just dress to your preference. The dressing is super easy to whip up if you need to make a little extra.
- This salad stays well for up to 4 days in your refrigerator so you can use it to portion out for meal prep for the week and add a little protein (2 hard boiled eggs, 4 oz white tuna, drained, shredded chicken, 4 oz deli meat, cooked shrimp, leftover steak are all excellent on this salad)