Singapore Noodles – 21 Day Fix Approved
A tasty recipe for Singapore Noodles! Stir-fried rice noodles with shrimp, and vegetables—a Chinese take-out menu classic that is easy to make at home and full of authentic flavor.
Yields: 4 servings
Portion Fix Containers: 1 green 1 1/2 red, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (or white wine or chinese cooking wine)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey or other sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. dried red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion (1 onion)
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper (about one pepper)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (or matchstick carrots)
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas ( or sub green beans, baby bok choy or shredded cabbage)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 16 oz vermicelli rice noodles, cooked or shriataki noodles, drained and rinsed under hot water
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, thaw per directions on the bag)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Combine fish sauce through turmeric in a small bowl; whisk to blend and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet, lightly coat with 1 tsp sesame seed oil or olive oil, add onion, bell peppers, carrots and snow peas; cook stirring frequently until crisp tender.
- Push veggies to the side of the skillet and add whisked eggs to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Add noodles, shrimp, fish sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Add peanuts; mix well and serve.