Skillet Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
This 5 Ingredient Lemon Chicken with Asparagus is a bright, fresh, healthy dinner that comes together in 20 minutes! So good!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1-2 cups asparagus, ends removed and snapped in half
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey + 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound until each pieces is about a 3/4 of an inch thick. (NOTE: If your chicken breasts are really thick,you can just cut them in half horizontally to make thinner pieces rather than pounding. This works well when they are partially frozen.)
- Place the flour and salt and pepper in a gallon zip lock bag and gently toss each chicken breast in the bag to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add the chicken and saute for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown, sprinkling each side with the Italian seasoning directly in the pan. When the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add 1 Tbls olive oil, asparagus, garlic and lemon slices to the pan. Saute for a few minutes until asparagus is bright green and tender crisp and lemons are brown and caramelized.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, drizzle honey over chicken, asparagus and lemons (add more butter is desired) and loosen up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Toss chicken with asparagus and lemon slices. Serve and Enjoy