Not only are snickerdoodles a traditional American style cookie but the cinnamon and vanilla make the whole kitchen smell sooooo good! I bake these cookies all year long and everyone loves them.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white flour (you can sub gluten free flour as well)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter of choice, then stir in vanilla and milk.
- Pour dry into wet and mix again. Form balls.
- Roll each ball in a mix of cinnamon and sugar (either equal parts OR two parts sugar to one part cinnamon, depending on how cinnamon-y you want your cookies). Place in the refrigerator until cold.
- Bake cold cookies for 9-10 minutes. They’ll look way underdone when you take them out, but that’s ok. They will be soft and chewy when they cool. Enjoy!