Skirt Steak Street Tacos
These tacos come together extremely quickly with help from the grill, which cooks the steak to absolute perfection. These hearty tacos provide plenty of protein to help keep you satisfied longer.
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pound skirt steak
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 Cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 Tbls. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbls. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 6-in. corn tortillas, warmed
- 8 cilantro sprigs, torn
- 4 ounces crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese(about 1/2 cup)
- 8 lime wedges, for serving
- Place steak in a zip lock bag and marinate with salt, pepper, cumin, red onion and lime juice for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat grill or Broiler to 500°F. (If using a grill generously oil grill grate with oil.) Grill or Broil the steak for 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove from grill or pan; let stand 10 minutes covered with foil before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Stir together tomato, radishes, lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Divide steak evenly among tortillas; top with tomato mixture, cilantro and cheese. Serve with lime wedges.