Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs (Freezer Meal Option)
Sweet, rich and delicious these effortless Asian Crockpot Meatballs are a delicious dinner or appetizer recipe that everyone loves.
Yields: 8 servings
- 32 oz frozen meatballs (I use two bags of Trader Joes turkey Meatballs or Costco Turkey Meatballs)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place frozen meatballs in your slow cooker.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over meatballs and mix until meatballs are coated.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and diced green onions and serve over rice.
Directions to freeze and use for later:
- Lable a freezer-safe zip-top gallon baggie
- Place all the ingredients in the bag.
- Squeeze all the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Lay flat in the freezer until ready to use.
- Thaw in the refrigerator the night before cooking.