Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Roast
I love making pork in the slow cooker, it’s so easy and literally falls apart once cooked. Here it’s cooked with balsamic vinegar and honey which gives it a slight tang that I love! The leftovers are great to use for topping salads or wraps.
Yields: 5 servings
- 2 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (pork butt or Boston butt)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 Tbls minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender shred it with a fork and keep in the slow cooker to keep warm with the sauce until you are ready to serve.
Serve with Roasted Broccoli and a baked sweet potato