Slow Cooker Beef With Noodles
Slow-cooked beef chuck steak and hearty noodles is a family-pleasing meal.
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1 tbs steak seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbs oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or beef broth)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz frozen egg noodles (like Reames brand) *note* frozen noodles hold their shape better in the slow cooker and turn out more like dumplings.
- 2 tsp. butter
- 6 oz button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese or Plain Greek Yogurt- optional – stir in at the end for a more creamy texture
Mix salt and pepper with the steak seasoning and rub onto both sides of the meat.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet then brown on both sides. Transfer the meat to a 4-6 qt slow cooker.
Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up the browned bits at the bottom. Add this to the slow cooker along with the bay leaf, thyme, onion, and garlic. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours
Now add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, frozen noodles, 2 tsp butter, and mushrooms to the slow cooker and cook on high 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately.