Slow Cooker Creamy Garlic Chicken and Veggies
A one pot crockpot meal! Tender chicken, sweet potatoes and broccoli! Served with the creamiest garlic sauce ever!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 -3 sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set chicken aside.
- Place potatoes into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in wine, chicken stock, onions, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours, or until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Add broccoli during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove chicken, potatoes and broccoli from the slow cooker, cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Plain Greek Yogurt, lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve chicken, potatoes and broccoli immediately with cream sauce.