Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Pork with Green Beans, and Carrots
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 lbs pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 heaping cups largely chopped carrots (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups green beans, tough ends removed (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium onion, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 cup fat-free and low sodium chicken stock, vegetable stock or pork stock
- 2 Tbls Cornstarch
- For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
Mix the marinade in a large bowl, and add the chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Place Chicken, Green Beans, Carrots and broth and cornstarch in a large Ziploc bag. Add Marinade and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
Note: You can also Bake this in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes.
Serve over Wild rice or Quinoa