Sl0w Cooker Italian Bell Pepper Chicken (Freezer Meal Option)
This Slow Cooker Italian Red Pepper Chicken is simple, packed with flavor, and versatile. Serve it over pasta, spaghetti squash, rice, polenta or quinoa
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
20 oz. canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
3 red peppers, sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more, optional)
1 tsp. black pepper (more to taste)
1 tsp. salt
- 3 handfuls of torn spinach leaves (if you don’t have spinach, you can omit this step or use zucchini moons, green beans or quartered artichokes.)
- Add everything except the spinach to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Add the spinach for the last 15 minutes, stir and cover. When the spinach is wilted and stir to mix the spinach with red pepper sauce and serve.
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag except the spinach
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into the slow cooker
- Cook on “low” setting for 4 hours.
- Add spinach in the last 15 minutes, cover to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Serve it over pasta, spaghetti squash, rice, polenta or quinoa