Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Drumsticks
These drumsticks are the perfect game-day treat or easy dinner. They’re super tender and crazy flavorful. Broiling is an optional step, but it really takes them to a whole other level.
Yields: 6 SERVINGS
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha (or 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 to 4 1/2 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, chili sauce, Sriracha, brown sugar, and lime juice. Stir in ginger and garlic.
- Place drumsticks in a large resealable back. Pour over marinade and seal. Marinate 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Pour drumsticks and marinade into the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 or 6.
- When drumsticks are tender and cooked through, preheat broiler to high. Transfer drumsticks to a large foil-lined baking sheet and broil until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve hot.