Slow Cooker Sweet Lime Verde Chicken Tacos (Freezer Meal Option)
The slow cooker does all the work when it comes to these easy Sweet Lime Chicken Tacos! No chopping or dicing required. Just dump, cook and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 lbs. large chicken breasts, thawed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- 2 cups salsa verde, jarred (green salsa)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp taco seasoning (make your own here)
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded cheese, any kind is fine–if you like spicy, I’d suggest pepper jack cheese with these tacos!
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
Place chicken in the slow cooker, and cover with honey, lime juice, salsa verde, Greek Yogurt, and taco seasoning. With a pair of tongs, flip the chicken over so that both sides are coated. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Once the chicken is cooked through, turn off the slow cooker and shred with two forks or a handheld mixer.
Pul the slow cooker on the warm setting until ready to use.
When ready to serve, use a slotted spoon to serve chicken onto tortillas. Top with avocado, tomatoes, bell peppers, cheese, and anything else you want!
Directions for Freezing:
- Label gallon freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add all the ingredients.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
To Cook from Freezing:
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of the freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve with tortillas as noted above.