Freezer to Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
If you like cumin and spicy food, then you’ll love Barbacoa Beef. Spicy shredded beef braised in a blend of chipotle adobo, cumin, cloves, garlic and oregano.
- 3 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- ¼ cup lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- 2-4 tbsp chiptoles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup beef broth or light beer
- 3 lbs beef eye of round or bottom round roast, fat trimmed
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Place garlic through beer in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place beef roast, marinade in a Gallon Freezer Ziploc bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours until the meal is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- Add salt and additional cumin to taste. Top with a squeeze of lime.
Serving Note: Serve over Basmati rice and Corn Salad (see Recipe here) or salsa.