Slow Cooker Beef Curry
My family loves anything with curry and this slow cooker recipe is at the top of the list. No prep work required, toss everything in the slow cooker and dinner is ready in 7 to 8 hours. Now, that’s what I call a meal.
- 1 pound lean stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth or stock, low-sodium
- 1 can (14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 3 tablespoon water, for thickening
- Place stew meat in slow cooker, sprinkle with curry powder, add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Cover, cook on low 7 to 8 hours.
- For a thicker curry, combine starch and water, add to slow cooker the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Note: Curry is delicious served over a bed of brown or Jasmine rice, quinoa or couscous.