Beef & Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1.5 lbs Beef Stew Meat or flank steak cut into cubes
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar or sherry
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream or 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 – 16 oz pkg whole wheat egg noodles or brown rice
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a gallon size bag. Add the beef to the bag and toss the bag around to evenly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute the beef until brown on all sides.
- Layer onion, mushrooms, garlic, thyme and beef in a Crock Pot.
- Pour broth, vinegar over the top of the beef.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours. In the last 10 minutes stir in the sour cream and serve over noodles or rice.