Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
A medley of hash browns, eggs, vegetables and bacon all packed into one hearty and delicious slice! This is awesome to serve to a crowd on busy mornings.
- 10 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 30 oz bag frozen hash browns, regular or sweet potato
- 4 strips cooked bacon (or pre-chopped bacon pieces)
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, roughly chopped (asparagus is a great sub)
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the bottom of your crockpot. Place half the hash browns on the bottom. Layer with half the bacon, chopped onion, bell peppers, broccoli, and cheese. Add on the last half of the hash browns, then top with the rest of the veggies, bacon, and cheese. Pour all of the egg mixture on top.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on low. Serve hot!
- Note: The texture of this will be more spongy. If you prefer more texture to your bake, try using frozen diced potatoes instead.