Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 3 cups less sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 small can diced green chilies, mild
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 oz (1 small) avocado, diced
- 1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- Pour into crock pot onion, garlic, chicken broth, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce and cilantro
- Add the drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with cheese, avocado, scallions and cilantro. Also great with Greek Yogurt or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Freezer Cooking Note: You can make this a freezer meal by pouring all the ingredients into a Gallon Freezer Zip Lock bag. Take the air out of the bag and label it with the recipe name and cooking instructions and notes what to serve with. Simply thaw the night before placing in the slow cooker.